2020: The Year of Great Joy!
Prophet Elisee Yao and Pastor Sarah Yao / 26 Jan 2020
2020 will be a year of GREAT JOY as the result of fervently seeking God’s face. And so this year will also be the year of the inner sanctuary of God (living in His presence).
Leading scriptures for the year 2020
- Psalm 16:11
- Psalm 30:5
- Acts 8:8
- 1 Chronicles 16:26-27
- Proverbs 10:28
- Romans 15:13
The strength of weeping is IGNORANCE. The strength of joy is KNOWLEDGE.
The Year of Great Joy
There will be sudden experiences of what you have been trusting for in 2020.
In this year goodness and mercy will follow you to lift you up so that you will not stay down. Every time you find yourself on the ground, remember His mercy and goodness. Be quick to repent this year; do not delay to rise in repentance or to run into His arms because His goodness and mercy is following you, so that you might abide constantly in the presence of the Lord.
The Lord says that, “a thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you shall look and see the reward of the wicked” (Psalm 91:7-8, NKJV). This is the year of vindication. God will vindicate and establish you in 2020.
This year is going to be a year of great strength as we realise the power of unity. God is going to give you the discernment to team you up with specific people: 2-3 people gathering together here, 5 people gathering together there to birth something of the kingdom. The Lord says He shall raise up strategic relationships/teams. Many of you have carried a vision for a long time, but the Lord says that He will bring the right people together this year so that that vision may come forth.
There will be a tremendous attack of sickness in the air, but the Lord will cover you. You will be covered in the name of Jesus and by the blood of the Lamb!
2020 will be the year where your helper will come: the one that is sent to help you. Suddenly, somebody will appear from nowhere and he will help you, and stand with you in prayer. Suddenly, a helper shall arise!
In this year the Lord wants parents to cover their children (whether they are at university, school, or pre-school). The Lord wants to use the younger generation to pour out His glory. This is the era where you will see children pouring out God’s glory and preaching the name of Jesus in the classrooms. Parents please arise; pray over your children, and raise them in the fear of the Lord. Stir a hunger in them for the Spirit because this is the year where children will do exploits and people will look and know that only God can do what He’s doing through these children.
This the year of dreams. People have dreams, and their dreams shall be fulfilled in 2020.
The Lord says that the angel of healing is being released. There will be great manifestations of the ministry of healing in the body of Christ this year, and people shall see what they have never seen before. This is an appointed time to receive an impartation of the gift of healing and miracles by His grace (these two are combined).
God is also breaking the power of dry hands (the hands of poverty). God says, “whatever you set your hands to and it didn’t work, I’m going to change that! I AM going to water your hands so that whatever your hands touch they may produce results”. Some of the people, have good ideas that never seem to come to fruition, they never prosper, but now that spirit of poverty is being lifted, God is breaking the power of dry hands so that this year will not be the same as the last. Suddenly, you will start to prosper where you never prospered. Suddenly, you will start to see results where you never saw results before.
In the nation of South Africa, and the world, there is going to be an escalation in racism again. “But in my church”, says the Lord, “rid yourself of all demonic influences of racism”. Watch your own heart this year, because you have been pointing fingers but the Lord says you need to watch your own heart and cleanse yourself from racism. The Lord will bring judgement on those who carry racism in the world, but if His church operates in racism as well, that judgement will start from within His church. So, people of God, cleanse your hearts and walk in unity and true love towards others, seeing each person as a spirit and a soul, and not just a physical body.
There will be a lot of strikes in the nation of South Africa in 2020. People will strike for many reasons, but the grace of the Lord will impose peace. When you see these strikes, do not be alarmed or worry for the Lord says, “I AM the Lord, and I AM refining the nation so that the nation can come to a place of Godliness. God is working in this nation during this year, like never before.
The Year of the Jacob generation
Psalm 24:6-8, New International Version (NIV)
6Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob. 7Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. 8Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
This is a new generation; a generation that will seek the Lord and His face; a people who are the answer and not the question; men and women who will boldly stand in the gap saying, "Here am I! Send me" (Isaiah 6:8, NKJV). Just like David and Abraham were promoted to a state above the human condition to serve as a reference point in the Bible, God is looking for people in this generation who will be unmistakable reference points in their areas of influence and in the lives of those around them: families, youth, school, workplace, etc. Instead of looking for breakthrough this year, you will be the breakthrough! It is up to you to make a commitment to zealously seek the Lord, and to position yourself to be a problem-solver, and in so doing, you will experience great joy.
Characteristics of the Jacob generation
Genesis 28:10-22 | Genesis 32:22-28
- Pursuing discomfort: Forsaking all and any comforts to seek God (Jacob used a stone as his pillow). This is not the time to be a casual believer.
- Staying awake/alert: Ability to be sensitive to, and discerning of, the move of God and to not slumber.
- Desperation: the key to open heaven. Becoming so desperate that you forget your comforts.
- Humility and brokenness
- Passion/zeal in your spirit even if God does not display what He promised He would.
- Deliberate separation unto God: the ability to disconnect from your surroundings and a willingness to separate yourself from the concept of prosperity and all the things attached to you that prevent you from seeking God and seeing God clearly. This year is about reaching a place where you become dead to the things of this world, where no matter what you lose in this life, God is your great reward
- Going ‘there’ (in prayer): You need to find the place called ‘there’ to be transformed in prayer. Prayer will be the alter of transformation this year. It has the ability to change everything about you: your heart, mind, countenance, and even your outer garments (Luke 9:27-29). Prayer is a spiritual malting process: the place of miraculous conversion. Go there!
- Embracing the new: You cannot pour old wine into new wine skins, just like you cannot put the old version of you into the new version of you currently emerging. This is a new decade where the Lord is doing a brand new thing, so you cannot react the same way you reacted last year. It is a time of upgrade and seeking greater anointing.
The Year of the Lion-Eagle Coalition
2020 will bring about the blended manifestation of the eagle and the lion, each carrying prophetic significance. When these two forces are combined, deep foundational matters are established. When functioning side-by-side in the Spirit the apostolic (lion) and the prophetic (eagle) will bring the things that are in the realm of the spirit down to earth so that we can see the full manifestation of them. This means that you will not only see accurately in the spirit this year (eagle: prophetic), but you will also be able to bring these insights down to earth so that they can come to pass in the natural as you walk them out (lion: apostolic).
For this to happen, you must understand your identity as a lion and an eagle so that you can function as you were destined to function in the kingdom this year. In 2020, God wants to bring forth transformation in Christians: for them to change into, and take on, the attributes of the eagle and the lion.
[The eagle symbolizes the prophetic eye in the spirit]
Isaiah 40:31, New King James Version (NKJV)
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
Characteristics of the eagle:
- The eagle’s eyes are known for their powerful sense of vision and accuracy: as he flies he can see precise details at a great distance. For Christians, this means coming to a place of exceptionally accurate vision. God wants us to have a sense of vision in 2020.
- The eagle flies alone and doesn’t mix with other birds. Christians don’t need to be seen everywhere and by everyone. Christians need to disconnect themselves from worldly things. You are an eagle with the capacity to rise above. Allow revelation to lift your wings so that you can fly and rise above the things of the flesh.
- The eagle is never intimidated and exists with the conviction that he can kill any- and everything. A Christian cannot be intimidated by challenges. Don’t be intimidated this year.
- Eagles don’t fly against challenges, they fly above challenges. Christians should not try to solve challenges, but undermine them. When a challenge comes, choose to have the attitude and mindset of an overcomer, and more than a conqueror.
- Eagles are also territorial and they have dominion over everything within the territory they occupy.
- The mere shadow of the eagle produces alarm and all small birds go into hiding. During 2020, you will not run away from demons, demons will hide from you: your shadow will disperse them. The shadow of a person speaks louder than the person him/herself. Even if you walk ‘In the valley of the shadow of death’ (Psalm 23:4) the shadow will not intimidate you, because there is a Greater Shadow that gives life and cancels the shadow of death. When the shadow of God overshadows you, His light cancels the shadow of fear. Abide in Him, and He will hide you in the shadow of His wings.
[The lion symbolizes the apostolic in the spirit (the ministry of establishing roots)]
Isaiah 5:29, New King James Version (NKJV)
Their roaring will be like a lion, they will roar like young lions; yes, they will roar and lay hold of the prey; they will carry it away safely, and no one will deliver.
Characteristics of the lion:
- Lions demand/impose respect. They are not the largest or most powerful animals in the land, yet all other animals are intimidated by them because the mindset of the lion is fixed upon the conviction that, “no matter what, I can kill anything; no matter what it is, I can take it down”.
- The lion understands his/her capacity and strength. Christians need to really understand that ‘greater is He that is in you…’ (1 John 4:4). When you understand that, you put your faith in the One who is in you and not yourself, and your belief makes you fearless!
- The lion mentors its young to establish and lead them into full lion-hood (kingship). God is calling you to mentorship in 2020; to mentor young Christians coming into the kingdom and to raise them up in kingship (as lions and eagles in the Spirit) so that they no longer fear the enemy.
- Lions are passionate animals: they hunt with everything they have inside of them, they put it all on the line to take down their prey without hesitation. The lion hunts with its full might. God wants us to be zealous for him and to have zeal for His house and His people. Whatever we do, we must do it with all of our hearts. We must not serve for others to see us doing so, but because it is part of our DNA to be zealous for the things of the Lord! We must be a people who are passionate about God’s goals.
- The lion is a roaring warrior. When you roar like a lion, your presence instinctively demands respect in the spirit. When you walk into a room/place, people will experience the tangible atmosphere and anointing that you carry; it will be felt by those around you. They will know that there is something different about you. The atmosphere you carry will demand respect wherever you go, and will even extend passed your physical presence in a space. However, this atmosphere will only be obtained through intimacy with the Lord. The more you spend time with Him, the more His presence rubs off on you, so that when you come into a place you will be like Moses. Your face will shine for others to see, and while you may not know why your face is shining it will be because you have been in presence of the Almighty.
 When a snake malts, it sheds its old skin because its old self is too rigid to accommodate the new self. The old self needs to be replaced by the new self to allow for expansion. During the process, the snake will change his/her environment and move to the surface, so malting is a place of changing environments. The snake also needs a wet/humid environment to malt successfully (this is why we so desperately need the Holy Spirit). Malting allows a snake to grow, just like prayer makes us grow in the Spirit.